May 2020: Healthy Mind, Healthy Body
Last month we talked about forgiveness. Personally, I think it's one of the hardest issues to cover and live on. If you are trying but struggling, see your lesson. This month, let's focus on our health.
** Note: you should not, unless you wish, have to respond to this letter **
May: Healthy Mind, Healthy Body
Monthly Approach: Health and Well- being
Memory Verses: Isaiah 53:5; Proverbs 23:7
Verse to Memorize: Proverbs 23:7
7 "For as a man thinketh in his heart, that is he."
We are currently experiencing a global pandemic that has increased awareness of many, from the highest to the lowest levels, about the importance of health. Health has always been important to God, that's why he died for it. But what does that mean to you? It means you can experience the freedom and healing power of Jesus Christ, both inside and out. At times like these, we need to read on that pact now more than ever.
I know things feel crazy, and probably completely out of control, but that's not the case. No matter what is happening in the world, or in the worlds around you, always remember that God is sovereign. I've known the end from the beginning. Our future is your story, and there's nothing to take by surprise. It is also important to note that God is not absent in the midst of this. He has already sent his eternal word before us at a time like this.
So what does the Word say about healing? What does God have to say, according to his word, about what we are all experiencing? The Word is saturated with scriptures and stories about healing. But not only healing on the outside, but also healing the inner man. Sometimes we don't recognize where we're broken inside and how it affects our physical nature. For example, the Bible says that the root of bitterness will arise and annoy you (Hebrews 12:15). You're the one. Not that person you hate and how wrong you feel he is. That bitterness appears on your health bill. One way or another. The good news is that God has designed a system that he can employ to work for you. The Bible says that a man's strong spirit will sustain him in sickness (Proverbs 18:14). Again, we see examples of the interior that impact the outside.
But because we are human, God did not leave our physical bodies either. The Word is clear in saying that He was wounded by our iniquities and the punishment of our peace was upon Him, but by those sores, we were healed (Isaiah 53:5). The emphasis on us is healed. That is, no disease, disease or disease can have your body, and yes, that includes coronavirus. Jesus already took the cross for healing, and one of the viruses he had there was greedy. So don't be alarmed. Don't even be afraid. The writing is clear that if God is for you, who [or what] can be against you? (Romans 8:31) This is the best time, now more than ever, to trust in what God said, and not in what you see. Pleasant reminder that we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).
One of the great gifts the Lord has given us all is the power of the tongue. The scripture is clear that the power of life and death lies there, and those who love it will eat its fruit ( Proverbs 18:21). Sometimes, when situations get dark or surprise us, it's hard to know what to say. Here are a few words to confess about your body and your health. Read these confessions aloud in full faith, knowing that there is power in what you say and even more power in what you believe in:
- No weapon formed against my body will thrive.
- Any illness, ailment, pain, illness, malfunction, interruption or pain dies instantly when it touches my body.
- I have the mind of Christ and path in complete and total healing.
- My body is not deceived by bad reports. It aligns with The Word of God with regard to health, abundance of life, and long life.
- Decree and declare the total healing and health of my body.
- Decree and declare every muscle, organ, tissue, cell and ounce of blood function as originally created.
- Decree and declare that every system in my body works with full capacity and strength as God created it.
- I order my mind and mouth to align with the perfect Word of God. I choose to believe and talk about life about myself.
- I plead for the blood of Jesus Christ on my body.
- I receive a renewed force like that of the eagle.
- I am full of energy, full of life and vitality.
- I believe that God is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord God who heals and lives from the healing He has given me.
If you are experiencing any illness or pain in your body, repeat this until you feel that the general healing atonement of Jesus Christ floods your body and corrects anything opposite to your desire to bring it to life, and that more abundantly. If you feel well, still say these words about yourself as a spiritual protector of the greedy (or any other disease).